Searching for any information under the sun is easy through different search engines such as Google, Bing, AOL, etc., by simply typing the word that is most related to what we are searching for in the search box. We can even vary the search results by typing different phrases that will best describe what we are looking for such as ‘best dog food’, ‘online dog food stores’, or ‘most expensive dog food’, and so on.
Most of us may be delighted with these capabilities of search engines in showing us a wide array of choices that pertains to what we are looking for. However there are also times when we can’t seem to find what we are looking in the search results.
There are ways to improve an internet user’s way of searching for phrases and expressions in search engines that will help in optimizing their search. Continue reading the following tips to find out how:
- Choose a reliable and reputable search engine – Different search engines produces different search results and to be able to get a good list of websites, it is important to go to a reliable and reputable search engine which is capable of bringing out the dependable and popular websites that will answer to what you are looking for. However, if you want to make sure that you are having the best results, you can use different search engines but see to it that you only search through the reliable ones.
- Know your favourite search engine’s features and take advantage of them – A lot of search engines have more features than what we actually see on its home page. They may have advanced search features, tools, and other services that can help the internet user make the search more convenient.
- Choose your words properly – Try to make use of words that will uniquely describe what you are looking for to get precise results.
- Place quotation marks before and after a phrase when searching for a quote – Sometimes, we search for more information about a particular quote to find out its originator, the history, or perhaps, some background information about the person who made the famous quote. To search for these details, the quote should be typed in the search box with quotation marks before and after the phrase.
- Connect words using hyphens – When making use of phrases in searching through search engines, make use of hyphens to connect words in the phrase which is meant to be used as a single word. For example, words should be typed as long-hand-bag or chocolate-fondant-cake. Without the hyphens, websites related to only a word that is part of the phrase will most likely be included in the search results.
The internet itself already provides us a convenient way of searching for almost anything that crosses our mind, especially with these search engines but by following these steps, we can take advantage of the search engines’ best capacity to bring out the websites that can best furnish the information that we are looking for.